Dr. Liza Alexander was interested in medicine since childhood. She comes from a family of physicians. Her dad was a surgeon who saved many lives over years of practice. She also has three brothers and a sister who are all medical doctors. Her interest in podiatry started when she was in college.
Dr. Liza Alexander received her Bachelor of Science degree in both Biology and Chemistry from Rutgers University then completed her studies at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. After graduating, Dr. Alexander completed three residencies:
- Dr. Alexander completed a one-year residency in Podiatric Orthopedics in New York City, gaining extensive experience in treating a wide range of conditions, including pediatric foot deformities and diabetic foot care, as well as virtually all general surgical foot procedures.
- Next, Dr. Alexander completed a one-year fellowship in sports medicine and biomechanics of the lower extremity with California College of Podiatric Medicine. During this year, she attended and served at many athletic events and treated athletes for various related injuries-both trauma and repetitive motion. She also completed research in heel pain, while specializing in the biomechanics of the lower extremity and sports related injuries.
- Dr. Alexander was selected for and completed a one-year residency in foot and ankle surgery in Long Beach, California. Her residency in this highly focused program involved most all state-of-the-art foot and ankle surgeries, including trauma of the foot and ankle. There was also a special focus on new-born and infant foot deformities.
- Dr. Alexander has been providing podiatry services to Orange County and Los Angeles since 1994.
Dr. Alexander's Special Areas of Interest are: (Adult and Children)
- Correction of foot deformities
- Sports medicine
- Diabetic ulcers (Wound care)
Dr. Alexander's Memberships and Certifications are:
- Board Certified in Podiatric Surgery (D.A.B.P.S.)
- State of California Podiatrist License (State Board of Podiatric Medicine)
- California Podiatric Medical Association (CPMA)
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
She further believes that each patient deserves to have a physician that will treat them with the same care and respect that would be accorded a member of their own family. Thus, Dr. Alexander's mission:
- Is to immerse her patients in an atmosphere of open communication and mutual respect,
- With the best medical treatments available,
- At the highest ethical standards.
» Back to Top